Professional Engineers Day, Australia, 18 August 2021 – Main Zoom Event
Just letting you know that now the event is over, the recording for the PEng Day Main Zoom Event is at the end of this page waiting for you to view it. The agenda of the Zoom conference program for the recording is half way down this page to assist you if you wish to skid through the recording to the section which interests you the most. Also, the transcript for Item 4 “PEng Day 2021 and the History Leading up to It” is on this website at https://www.profengaust.org.au/articles/peng-day-2021-and-the-history-leading-up-to-it-or-professional-engineers-are-invisible-and-unrecognised-in-australia/ if you wish to get a better handle on the history aspect. The original invitation to join in the event is as follows:
As a Professional Engineer or other professional or someone who is simply interested in the topics being covered, you are invited to this main PEng Day Zoom conference event at 2.30pm Wednesday 18 August 2021 free of charge simply by clicking on this link: https://latrobe.zoom.us/j/85290723817 and following the simple instructions to connect your computer or smart phone in via Zoom. The event is expected to conclude at about 4.15pm, depending on the time taken for audience questions.
This Australia wide Zoom event is being operated by the Engineering Hub of the La Trobe University at its campus based in Bendigo, Victoria and is being controlled from one of their well equipped video conference rooms.
The participating organisations are La Trobe Uni, Rio Tinto and the Ingenieurs Australia Society.
The Zoom conference program is as follows:
1. Opening by MC, Ing. Chris Stoltz AM, Professor of Practice – Engineering, La Trobe Uni & MD of Spatial Partners Pty Ltd.
2. “Professional Engineering in the Bendigo Area” by Chris Stoltz (10 minute presentation).
3. “Manufacturing in the Bendigo Area” by Peter Crowhurst, BSc, GM of Ceramic Oxide Fabricators Pty Ltd (15 minute presentation).
4. “Professional Engineers Day 2021 and the History Leading Up to It” by Ing. Kelvin Lillingstone-Hall FIEAust CPEng (10 minute presentation).
5. “The RioExcel and RioExpert programs for recognising, rewarding and promoting Professional Engineers and other technical professionals across RioTinto” by Brendan Howard, GM – Technical Capability, Group Technical, Rio Tinto (10 minute presentation).
6. “Process Development (from the Mining Tailings Perspective)” by Dr Mark Coghill, Process Melallurgist, Senior RioExpert, Principal Advisor – Water, Waste and Tailings.
* Feel free to ask questions during and after each presentation by using the Zoom Chat button on your computer.
* CPD for RPEng and CPEng Professional Engineers –
1.5 hours CPD credit.
Biography of Main Speaker.
Mark Coghill has 40 years experience in mineral processing, tailings and water management. His interest in clay solid-liquid separation led to a career leading and influencing tailings projects and operational studies across all Rio Tinto commodity groups.These projects include process design and optimisation, tailings reclamation, slurry transport, evaporation suppression, new technology research and site closure strategy development.
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company with operating sites and projects in thirty-six countries. Process flowsheets are typically developed and modified using geometallurgical models which tend to focus on the ore body and process recovery of the valuable minerals. As world ore grades decline, and the ore mineralogy becomes more complex, this approach needs to be expanded to include a mineral waste management perspective. Mark Coghill will discuss this mineral waste perspective and the need to understand the mineral waste rheology to maximise the project value, minimise the threats and develop new commercial opportunities.
The Other Presenters:
We all trust you enjoy this main zoom event for
PEng Day 2021